Friday, October 10, 2014


First Dolly

Here is my last baby---- a GIRL!  Born at home nearly 7mo ago.  She is beautiful and of course being a doll maker i had to knit her up a dolly... it was quite literally the day after she was born.  I remember recovering in bed with my baby and my large stash of new yarn mail, and well I had the luxury of time. My husband took all four of our other children and I slept, nursed and knit the days away. 



Now Valentina is a big 7mo old and guess what?  Not only is she crawling and getting places FAST, she pulls herself up!  She has gone from a tiny baby to a fun loving and adventure seeking little one--- just like all my others. How wonderful it is to see your family grow and change. 



I think all people big and small should own dolls.  Starting with a first one--- in baby V's case her little knitted teether doll--- such a wonderful companion. 

In a not so distant future i hope to draft up the knitting pattern for the dolly---- its very simple and requires only straights and worsted weight yarn so it is a quick knit! 


4 comments:

  1. She is adorable.. And the doll is cute to ;) be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both she and the doll are adorable. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dolls are so sweet! And your girl is precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you everybody! I love having my little girl!!

    ReplyDelete