Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Rainbow Chard Chopped Salad

Such a yummy summer favorite--- even the chard here in the fall is being picked to its fullest.  Simply, I chop roughly an entire plant making sure the pieces are large and include the delicious  stems. Then I add the last of the cherry tomatoes and green onions from the garden, hemp seeds and flax powder mixed with some Braggs and yum, yum, yum!

in other news, I spun up a small rainbow wool skein of yarn for something...? I'm not exactly sure, but isn't that the life of a spinner or knitter?  One can never ever have enough yarn for all the projects we dream of! 


The kids are making a mess and having a fight right now, I must clean the kitchen and do some book-keeping and then start on the laundry.  I have some yarn in the mail making its way to my home from Luna Grey Fiber Arts... in such a lovely color way :: Pewter and besides the bright and cheerful rainbow you see above I see myself moving into a more neutral and earth-tone-y yarn hoard. 
Change is good though isn't it? 

2 comments:

  1. Yummy looking salad and such fun yarn. I like the flow of color. I once spun a smallish skein like that out of some bright green wool. It was just the right amount to trim a navy blue hat. The somber color with a bright trim really made it pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds beautiful my dear! Love to see you spin some more!

      Delete