Saturday, October 4, 2014

Lagonlook/Mori Style Skirt







If you haven't yet heard of the Lagonlook or the Mori style you are surely missing out!  Its a beautiful blend of layers, textures and textiles and is so so yummy.  Or if your an honest fella like my husband is, you wonder why on earth people would dress in a "bag" like style, or in a style that "looks like you've hemmed a bunch of clothes together and called it a day" look. Well I love it.  

This skirt is made of some of my gorgeous tea stained fabric, sewn with raw gray silk, vintage lace and plant dyes.  Pure and super comfy.  Flattering?  Probably not so much.  They layers lend themselves to each wonderful bump and jiggle spot you might have!  But hey, own it! I'm hoping to add more and more handmade clothes and eventually phasing out store bought clothes for our family.  It makes me happy to re-use, re-purpose and re-design and re-invent pieces to make things new and different. Plus its wonderful for our mother earth. 

I still need to get Pinterest up and running for this new blog, but if you like these pictures please pin them!!!  When I get my pin board up I will surely pin some Mori styles!!!!



3 comments:

  1. I surely am missing out, but now thanks to you, I am not. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Lagonlook or the Mori style... I like what I see! Lets hope the wee one's nap lasts a bit longer for some web surfing ;) Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful skirt! Totally pinning. I just started sewing over the summer- not sure if I'm ready for something like this yet but it's definitely on my "to sew" list now! I love your blog and do believe we are kindred spirits! I'll be following along from now on for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete